Mentorship provides one-to-one facilitation, supporting yoga teachers to develop confidence in giving hands-on adjustments.
What you'll get:
- Personalized guidance from Karen Kirkness, experienced yogi & creator of the Five Filaments spiral anatomy rubric
- In-person or online availability
- Monthly check-ins
- Focus on the area of your choice:
- Practice giving hands-on adjustments
- Professionalizing as a yoga teacher
- Developing personal/creative confidence
- Bonus: Lifetime Access to the Five Filaments Masterclass Video Library!
Who is Mentorship for?
Whether you’re a recently-qualified 200 Hour Yoga Teacher just getting started or a seasoned teaching practitioner with years of experience, 1:1 mentorship is a great way to get perspective and hone your skills within a mutually supportive relationship.
Karen welcomes any 200-Hr qualified yoga teacher to register for her Mentorship. As this pathway will be infused with Karen’s spiral anatomy background, her Mentorship is especially suitable for graduates of any of Karen’s physical/online courses, including her Yoga Teacher Training courses, particularly the Five Filaments Specialist course.
Who is Mentorship not for?
Karen can best help those who are willing and able to visit her in person at Meadowlark Yoga in Edinburgh or at her home studio in the Tweed Valley, Scotland.
You will be best served by this mentorship if you are prepared to make at least one trip to work together in person. If you are travel restricted and can’t make the trip for in-person mentorship, you are welcome to register for the Mentorship online only.
How does Mentorship work?
Karen has the capacity for ten Mentorships in 2023.
- In-person sessions are limited to selected Sunday afternoons and can only be held at Meadowlark Yoga until the end of March 2023.
- From April, in-person sessions can be scheduled either at Karen's home studio in Cardrona (Tweed Valley, Scottish Borders) or at Meadowlark Yoga on selected days.
- By agreeing to the T&Cs at checkout, you are confirming that you understand availability is managed through the Calendly app and it is up to you to ensure you schedule all your sessions.
The investment is £599 (payment plan available) and includes:
- 5 x 2-hour in-person sessions at Meadowlark Yoga in Edinburgh or at Karen’s home studio in the Scottish Borders
- 5 x 1-hour Zoom sessions
- Ad hoc support within mutually agreed parameters (usually monthly Whatsapp check-ins)
- At less than £40 per hour of personal 1:1 guidance, this mentorship offers incredible value for experienced guidance.
You can sign up today and begin your journey of mentorship with Karen right away, or submit your note of interest providing a few key details about your circumstances and any questions you may have.
Once you have registered, you will be invited to reply with your chosen intention for the mentorship and to schedule your 1:1 appointments with Karen.
The sessions should be used within 12 months but the validity extends to 18 months if needed. Sessions not used within 18 months are subject to forfeit (due to limited capacity/availability for booking).
- If you live outside the UK or are otherwise restricted in how much you can travel, you can convert the in-person sessions to Zoom sessions.
- Zoom sessions can be converted to in-person sessions (hour per hour). So you could use your 5 Zoom hours toward 5 hours of in-person mentorship and do the whole mentorship in person.
- The full in-person Mentorship is a great way for Five Filaments Specialists to level up their status to “Hands-on Qualified”.
More about Karen
Karen Kirkness MFA, MSc, PhD candidate, is the author of Spiral Bound: Integrated Anatomy for Yoga. Bringing over two decades of teaching experience to her work as a movement educator, Karen is also a mother of two, studio owner, and clinical anatomist. Her passion for personal connection, self-healing, and all things kinesthetic make her uniquely suited to working with fellow practitioners on a one-to-one basis.
Click here for the Payment Plan option.