Build on your foundations as a movement teacher in this comprehensive professional training.
What you'll get:
- Amazing value (normally £1499)
- Anatomy Inspired (20+ hours online anatomy course)
- Five Filaments (5F) Spiral Anatomical Theory mini-course
- 5F Foundations Weekend Training
- 5F Adjustments Practicum
- 5F Sequencing Masterclass (video library)
- Reflection & Growth, the Online Companion to Spiral Bound: Integrated Anatomy for Yoga
- Step into Teaching Anatomy at a higher level as part of your offering
- Five Filaments Specialist professional badge
- Community & Support
The required reading for this Training is my book, Spiral Bound: Integrated Anatomy for Yoga, which you will need to have around for continuous reference. Don't forget to download your PDF, Reflection & Growth, the Online Companion to Spiral Bound included in your fees for this Training. You'll receive the download link immediately after you register.
Where do I start?
Here is the lowdown on how to approach your Five Filaments Specialist Training:
- Start with Anatomy Inspired (AI), an asynchronous anatomy course you can work through at your own pace.
- Get your free download of the online chapter - Reflection & Growth - for a deep dive into spirality! Available in the My Resources section along with everything else in this list.
- If you don't already have a copy, it would serve you to buy your copy of Spiral Bound: Integrated Anatomy for Yoga and work through that while you're doing this course.
- Once you have completed AI, move on to the Fundamentals of Spiral Anatomy (FSA) mini-course which is also asynchronous and will prepare you more specifically for the rotational kinematics of the practical content to come. Here you will learn the Five Filaments rubric, heuristic, and kinesiological literacy you'll need for confident specialization!
- After you've got AI and FSA under your belt, feel welcome to engage with the 5F Foundations Module, 6 hours of practical content that primes you for putting the rotational kinematics into practice as the Five Filaments.
- Next, you can move on with confidence into the 5F Sequencing Intensive, a yoga-based experience that will give you lots of inspiration and guidance for using the 5F Foundations to build more complex sequences.
- At some point, and this is different for everyone, you'll want to get stuck into the Spiral Syllabus Masterclass Video Library. This resource contains an ever-growing treasure of asynchronous content, from short 30-sec videos (spiral snacks) to longer videos and full-class recordings, that you can use to support your teaching practice.
- All the material above is asynchronous, designed to give you a wellspring of theory and practice you can engage with at your own pace. The Practicum, in contrast, is your opportunity to meet up live (and even join me with your cohort in person in Edinburgh in the studio!) and work together exploring the chirality of each Filament.
The Practicum dates in 2023 are:
- Hand Filament: Opening Spiral Jan 8
- Hand Filament. Grounding Spiral Feb 12
- Shoulder Filament: Opening Spiral March 12
- Shoulder Filament: Grounding Spiral April 30
- Foot Filament: Opening Spiral May 14
- Foot Filament: Grounding Spiral June 11
- Hip Filament: Opening Spiral August 13
All options in more detail can be found here.